The Road goes ever on and on,Down from the door where it began.Now far ahead the Road has gone,And I must follow, if I can,Pursuing it with eager feet,Until it joins some larger wayWhere many paths and errands meet.And whither then? I cannot say.~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Rings
- My father passed away in the month of September, and thus I parted with a dear friend to the relentless march of time. A chemical engineer by training, he was a kind and caring man who spent his life in the service of raising the quality of life for everyone that he could. I'm reminded of the memorable JFK quote: A rising tide lifts all boats.
- Jonas Boner, who is the co-founder and CTO of Typesafe—the company behind the functional programming language Scala—tweeted my Scala blog :) In addition to Jonas, quite a few others as well (numbering 8,107 so far, to be precise) have graciously visited my Scala blog, and I thank you all!
- Following on the heels of the Scala blog, I shared some thoughts on another lovely and joyful language, Clojure, which of course is the Lisp dialect that runs on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)—so it is with much gratitude that I thank the 5,078 visitors thus far who have visited my Clojure blog!
- I had the opportunity to work in a team of highly-motivated, outstanding individuals at the IT Innovation Center of General Motors in Austin, Texas. The entire team, including developers and management, were absolutely top-notch. And I'm deeply thankful for the once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- I began working full-time in a Big Data programming position at the leading auto claims and collision repair software provider of the country. I work in the Software Architecture group. Specifically, I'm helping design and implement the next generation Big Data platform as part of a team where I work alongside some of the smartest people on the planet.